This soup is everything you could want in a chicken chili, soft white beans, a decadent broth and lots of bell peppers.
You will need:
- 1/2 or 1 cup Fresh or Canned Chicken cubed
- 1/2 or 1 cup canned or frozen corn (optional)
- 1/8 cup green chilies (optional)
- Bean Mixture
- 1 Spice Packet
1. Look through beans for pebbles or other field debris, rinse. Soak beans (optional, directions inside).
2. Add 4 cups of water to the bean mixture. *Cover and bring to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer until beans begin to soften about 45 minutes
3. Add both packets & cooked chicken. Simmer another 30 minutes or until beans are fully soft.
4. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
Add 4 C. water, the entire soup mix, and bite-sized pieces of chicken to the slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 to 10 hours. Cook on high for 3.5 to 6 hours. Enjoy!
Instant Pot Directions:
Reduce water by 1/2 cup. Add water, soup mix & meat to Instant Pot. Lock the lid and seal the valve, set to Soup Mode, or High Pressure. Cook for 30 minutes, allow the pressure to release naturally, or manually let the steam off. Enjoy!
Bean Hints & Nutrition:
The USDA recommends that adults eat three cups of beans per week for the maximum health benefit. Beans are naturally low in total fat, contain no saturated fat or cholesterol, and are an excellent source of protein, calcium, iron, folic acid, and potassium.m.
Fun Fact: Beans are high in fiber and complex sugars that our bodies have to work hard to digest; this may cause gas. Over time increase the amount of beans you eat to help your body adapt.
Free shipping for orders over $100.
$7.95 flat rate shipping for all orders under $100.
Free local pickup in Fircrest or Gig Harbor!