Columbia Corn Chowder - Large
It’s the potatoes that make this soup so delicious. All of Rill's potatoes come from Washington and Oregon, right next to their home base. This allows them to make small orders and ensure they're using the newest crop.
You will need:
- 2 Cups Half and Half, Evaporated Milk or Milk Substitute.
- 1/4 lb. Bacon (optional)
- Potato and spice mixture
1. In 4 quart pot, cook chopped bacon or sausage and drain fat.
2. Add 6 Cups water to meat and bring to a boil. Add potato mix then cover and reduce to simmer.
3. Cook for 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft. Stir occasionally to prevent scorching.
4. When potatoes are done add your milk choice. Heat until warm, do not boil.
5. Top with grated cheese (optional). Salt and pepper to taste serve.
Add 6 C. water, the entire soup mix and meat to the slow cooker. Cook on low for 2 to 6 hours. Add milk right before serving. Enjoy!
Instant Pot Directions:
Reduce water by 1 cup. Add water and soup mix to Instant Pot. Lock the lid and seal the valve, set to Soup Mode, or High Pressure. Cook for 10 minutes, manually let the steam off. Add milk right before serving.
Cashew Milk Substitute: Using blender, add 1-1/2 cups water and 1/2 cup raw cashews, blend until creamy. Measure out 2 C.
Sour Cream: Add 1/2 C sour cream
Switch up the meat: Use ham, sausage or chorizo.
Cheesy: Top with cheddar and chives
Add some wine: Add 1/2 C white wine
Veggie Overload: Add any of your favorite vegetables such as carrots, summer squash, leeks, etc.