Administrative AssistantWe are currently looking for a full time (35-40 hrs/week) administrative assistant to work in the office alongside the owner/CEO and the management team. Hours will be Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm or 10am-6pm.
We are a true small business and no two days are ever alike. You will be primarily based in our office (located in a separate building from the retail shops, but within walking distance) working alongside one of the owners of the company. The ideal candidate will enjoy working primarily alone with occasional interaction with other team members.
We are looking for someone with exceptional attention to detail (you pay attention to the big and the little things) and strong organizational skills (you love to count things and file things and make lists). This is NOT a retail job and you will not be on the sales floor, although you may be asked to correspond and speak with customers via email/phone. There is tremendous growth potential for the right person.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Filing and keeping the office organized
- Shipping all daily outgoing customer orders (all supplies on-site, training will be given)
- Running errands - trips to the recycling center, picking up lunches/coffee, bank deposits, customer deliveries
- Inventory management - reviewing and counting daily product arrivals, checking for damages, updating Shopify with new inventory, barcoding product, transporting over to the shops when ready to go on the floor
- Email management - help the CEO manage her inbox and the customer service inbox
- Calendar management - help the CEO manage her calendar
- Minor bookkeeping and accounting
- Strong organizational skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lift and carry boxes of inventory
- Efficient and quick-learner of various softwares and apps
- Positive, you-got-it-boss, zero-drama attitude
Office Environment Details:
This will not be a sit at a desk for 8 hours type of job. You will be moving boxes, opening boxes, checking off lists, entering information into the computer, sticking barcode labels on products, making lots of trips over to the stores, running errands off-site, packing shipments, sending lots of emails, attending meetings with the management team, etc. While you will be around people throughout the day, you need to be comfortable and content working quietly on your own most of the time.
- $14/hour to start
- Significant discount on all store purchases
- 1 week of PTO per year, which starts accruing after 90 days
- 1 hour of paid sick leave per 40 hours worked
Plant Care Specialist
- be educated in the light, water, moisture, and soil requirements of a wide array of houseplants.
- be available to attend to the plants at least 3 days per week
- have a proven track record of plant care
- water, prune, and repot plants as needed
- educate new staff members about plants and plant care so that they can effectively and accurately educate our customers
- help source and place orders for new inventory weekly
- work with general manager to keep stock numbers updated and accurate
Our space has unique lighting and humidity conditions that will require a knowledgeable person to care for each specific plant and to organize and display them in a way that will promote proper plant health and growth. It will be your responsibility to check plants multiple times per week to ensure they are receiving adequate light, water, humidity, etc.
After initial probation period, this position can be very flexible in terms of hours/days worked and can be scheduled at a time convenient for you, either during our outside of regular business hours.
Compensation is negotiable