Barack Obama: Quotable Wisdom
“[D]emocracy isn’t a spectator sport. America isn’t about ‘yes he will.’ It’s about ‘yes we can.’” —Barack Obama
Experience the powerful oratory of our 44th president!
Obama’s skill at expressing deep empathy and thoughtful idealism made him a bestselling author at an early age. These selections have been drawn from his speeches, interviews, essays, books, social media posts, and other writings over the past 20 years. They reveal a sharp intellect, dynamic leadership style, and steadfast determination. Arranged thematically, the quotations reveal his thoughts and feelings, and even the occasional joke, about the many issues he faced during his two terms as president, from universal healthcare and same-sex equality to racial equality, and the threat of terrorism.
In these passages, Obama:
- Speaks passionately about the ideals and beliefs at the core of the American Dream
- Vigorously advocates for the equality and inclusion of all Americans
- Eloquently expresses the need for smarter education and innovation
- Elaborates a vision for a national security posture as judicious as it is tough
- Makes the case for decisive action on climate change
- Advocates for common-sense gun-control legislation and prison reform