The Secret World of Weather - Hardcover
Save Liquid error (product-badge line 32): Computation results in '-Infinity'%
In this eye-opening trove of outdoor clues, groundbreaking natural navigator Tristan Gooley turns his keen senses to the weather. By “reading” nature as he does, you’ll not only detect what the weather is doing (and predict what’s coming), you’ll enter a secret wonderland of sights and sounds you’ve never noticed before:
- Listen for the way crickets chirp faster as the temperature rises.
- Spot how snowflakes shrink with colder air and grow just before they stop falling.
- Let perching birds point out the direction of the wind.
- Learn why pine cones close up in high humidity.
- Watch out for storms when clouds are more tall than wide!